Friday, November 15, 2013

The Sound Of A Washing Machine...

As my children were getting ready for bed one night this week. My oldest son "P.J." comes up to me and asked would I turn on the washing machine while he drifts off to sleep. At first I was like oooookay???

Then he explained that hearing the sound of the washing machine had a soothing sound that made him feel sleepy.Then it dawned on me that when a lot of us were children we probably had these same "soothing moments" too, that we still remember as adults.
My husband said his was the memory of his mom sweeping, the sound of broom bristles sweeping across the floor,and mines was hearing my parents talking. while I would be drifting off to sleep some nights, they would still be up talking, and I enjoyed hearing the soothing sound of my dad's voice. That's probably why he can get his grand babies to go to sleep when no one else can!(smiles). I love my family and I thank God for those precious memories!!

~Latresha~ @BlessedDirection.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...